Yes’s and No’s | 澳洲:你应该或不应该做的事

img_6943

If you are a meticulous (or some would say paranoid, whatever) person like me, and you need to know anything and everything
about a city before you travel there, you have come to the right place. If you are the
type to be careful of what you say and do in a foreign land because you are afraid that you’re going tooffend someone and/or make a fool out of yourself, fret not because this blog post will (hopefully) be of help to you!

Welcome to the list of All the Yesses and Noes You Need to Know Before You Go to and/or When You Are in Australia

I wouldn’t say that it is 100% accurate, but the things on this list has helped me adjust to my new life in Perth quite well, or at least I haven’t been receiving odd looks. So far so good, I would say! ?

Some of the things that I find helpful are:

• BYOB

Photo Aug 21, 00 27 15Bring Your Own Beer/Bottle or other variations of BYOs (so far I’ve spotted BYOT = Bring Your Own Tupperware)

• Seat belts

Coming from a country where fastening the seat belts in the backseat is not quite mandatory (we’re working on it!), it’s definitely something that I need to constantly remind myself to do whenever I’m in a vehicle.

• First name terms To be addressed by your first name instead of “Mr” or “Miss” is the norm. Feel free to address others by their first name too. Don’t worry, it’s not considered rude here! ?
  • Seating Options (I totally did not know this!)

Do sit at the front next to the driver if you’re a male traveller when you aboard a taxi. If you’re a female travelling alone, you should sit at the back left passenger seat of the car.

More of the list here:

Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 11.46.18 PM

Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 11.46.35 PM

I hope the list is of much help to you as it was to me! ?

If you wish to add a few of your own Dos and Don’ts to the list, feel free to do so via the comments below. Alternatively, if you would like to contribute to our global network, or have suggestions on how we can improve, drop by our Facebook page and let us know. We can’t wait to hear from you!

One thought on “Yes’s and No’s | 澳洲:你应该或不应该做的事