[Disclaimer: We have recently experienced cases of UWA students submitting articles with subtle advertisements and spam.This is a student-submitted article that has not been censored or edited. If you find any spam, advertising, or offensive content within this article or the comments section, please email us and we will remove the article if necessary. Thank you.]
What is internet marketing?
Also referred to as online marketing, internet marketing is the process of promoting a brand, products or services over the Internet. Its broad scope includes email marketing, electronic customer relationship management and any promotional activities that are done via wireless media.
Internet marketing encompasses the advertising and marketing efforts that use the World Wide Web and email to drive direct sales via electronic commerce, as well as traditional sales lead from website, email marketing and other kinds of online advertising. Although not always and not required, internet marketing and online advertising efforts are typically used in conjunction with traditional types of advertising such as radio, television, newspapers and magazines.
Different types of internet marketing
As information and mobile technology continues to evolve, so does the scope and limitations of internet marketing, although there are many different kinds of internet marketing services, these are regarded as the main types of internet marketing:
1. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
2. Pay Per Click
3. Email Marketing
4. Video Marketing
6. Content Marketing
7. Social Media
8. Network Marketing
9. Community Building
10. Location Based Marketing
11. Contextual Marketing
12. Affiliate Marketing
Benefits of employing a digital agency
Hiring a digital agency to execute your company’s internet marketing services has many benefits. For many businesses, time is a precious commodity and outsourcing tasks that are not core to the business is a great way to continue to grow your company, whilst ensuring no activities are neglected. The Internet is a powerful medium for promoting your business, however due to its ever-changing, fast-paced nature, the task of internet marketing can be extremely complex to understand and complicated to implement. For this reason, many businesses outsource their internet marketing activities to digital agencies, here are some of the benefits of outsourcing:
- Internet marketing is a complicated process – it can be extremely timely and difficult to understand all the attributes involved in promoting products online. Less to manage internally means more time saved that can be used to concentrate on core business activities.
- Get professional-level service – you’ll be receiving access to specialist knowledge and a suite of more experienced individuals. Hiring a digital agency means having piece of mind that if a problem arises, they can take care of it because they’ve dealt with it before.
- Ability to keep up with the ever-changing world of digital marketing.
- Access to the latest technology and online marketing software’s (without having to pay costly subscription fees).
- An outside perspective and professional opinion on marketing ideas and plans.